I am an experienced Software Engineer and a Software Quality Professional, with 15 years of experience.
Advocate for Software Quality and Software Engineering Professional
I’m a versatile and forward-thinking leader specializing in Software Engineering, Test Automation and Quality Assurance. I’m also experienced in planning, implementing, and overseeing key improvements to drive business growth and efficiency.
Started my career as a software developer in Sri Lanka, and studies software engineering at graduate level while continuing to work as a developer. Later, changed roles to become a Quality assurance engineer and a Test automation engineer. Then as a QA manager and a release manager I got to experience and the privilege to be a vital part of the evolution from older software practices and processes to latest processes and methodologies and cloud based scalable solutions. I have been part of the team that provided process and quality guidelines, as well as implement those at different stages.
Jan 2020 to Present
- Responsible for implementing strategies to manage quality, and to drive best quality management processes.
- Plan and implement new tools to better fit DevOps culture with CI/CD practices to help deliver new features and bug fixes at a higher velocity without jeopardizing quality.
- Monitor Quality metrics to identify the health of product releases and take timely action.
- Effectively manage multiple senior Test Engineers, SDETs and QA managers, and optimizes spending via restructuring of budgets for department, test infrastructure and technology upgrades.
- Performs the technical manager role and the release manager role for 2 major products.
Apr 2016 to Jan 2020
- Effectively managed multiple Test Engineers, SDETs across multiple scrum teams and controlled costs and optimized spending.
- Played a major role in transitioning from a traditional SDLC to a DevOps based structure.
- Successfully performed technical manager role and release manager role 2 major products.
- Provided technical direction to automation testing and development, maintenance of the build pipeline, DevOps infrastructure, quality assurance process.
Jan 2011 to Apr 2016
- Maintenance and tuning of Oracle and MS SQL Server databases.
- Successfully performed duties as scrum master for a high performing team for 3 years.
- Successfully performed duties as a technical lead for a major product ‘SmartPlant Foundation’ and was key in releasing 3 Major versions, 4 Minor versions and 5 Service Packs during this time frame.
- Troubleshoot and identified root causes of problems and filed defect reports that helped developers fix issues more efficiently.
Aug 2009 to Jan 2011
- Provided Technical Support when required for the College of Education.
Jan 2011 to Apr 2016
- Design and implementation (J2EE, JBoss, Swing) of an artificial intelligence program to design safety and hazard symbols for industrial use through Distributed Interactive Evolutionary Computation.
- Designed and implemented a new Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework to fit the solution.
- Performed live tests with 20+ concurrent users and derived 3 effective design safety and hazard symbols.
Jul 2007 to Jul 2008
- Key member designing (Object Oriented Design patterns and concepts) the Psychiatric Ward module for the ‘Cambio HealthCare Systems’ in Sweden.
- Implemented new functionality (J2EE, JBoss, Swing) and fixed defects in the Emergency Care Unit Module and Psychiatric Ward Management module for Cambio HealthCare Systems in Sweden.
- Wrote unit tests using JUnit.
University of Colombo
Colombo, Sri Lanka